WAHM…Work at Home Mum! With that comes the comments; “Oh wow you own your own business”, “How do you find the time?”, “You must love being able to be home with the kids”
Let’s help clear up a few of these WAHM truths and secrets. I DO own my own business, time… who said time, I AM very blessed to be able to be home with the kids BUT…….
Owning your own business, being a WAHM is not by any means an easy job and sometimes it’s by far a fun job! Sometimes the thought of being locked in an office with people you would rather not talk or interact with becomes appealing. Read these below facts to help set the scene.
- You always drink your coffee “chilled” you know like luke warm from 2 hours ago
- You have a baby gate on your “office/studio” door
- You can reply to emails and messages while making sandwiches, doing the washing, fixing toys, supplying drinks to everyone who is suddenly thirsty
- You make a trip to the post office the most exciting time of the day for the kids… If you don’t eat that, put that in the bin or pick up those toys we WON’T be going to the post office (knowing dam right you have to anyway!)
- Any sort of time management you thought you previously owned has gone AWOL
- When the kids are sick and you can’t work, the boss is a bitch to you!! And you don’t get paid… how rude right?!
I never expected the whole thing to be a walk in the park or a swim in the ocean and I can hands down say I am so super proud of what has been achieved since Stampede Accessories was created! My family drive my energy, enthusiasm and love for what I do so I don’t by any means take for granted the beauty of it all! Of all the above, at the end of the day when my kids need a cuddle, fall over, need help, want something to eat, I AM there and I CAN do all of this for them. They know I am here for them, they get my working rhythm (well some days they do anyway). Hang on, did I just say that.. most of time our tunes are way out of sync.
There is work Kelly, boss Kelly, wifey Kelly and there is Mumma K all working under the same roof with exceptional skills to accept changes as they are dealt, even with the occasional feeling of a completely uncontrollable split personality.
My next resume skills will include the following;
- Attention to detail (Sandwiches will only be eaten if in triangles, squares, circles, dinosaurs dependant on day and I do not dare choose the wrong coloured plate!)
- Team Leadership (Well I am MUM)
- Creativity (Entertainment for 3yo and 18month old is definitely creative!)
- Problem Resolution (This one speaks for itself)
- Time Management (Ok I lied, I’ll take this one off!!!!)
- Adaptability (Mentioned above, split personalities DO count)
Quote by Kelly:
“When I say Created By Us for Yours you can be rest assured that it certainly is from the moment we wake to the moment we sleep. This family, my husband keeps the cogs turning for Stampede Accessories and I guess the WAHM term isn’t too bad even with the chaos that it brings!”